You’ll begin by learning the basics
Our Fundamentals Class lasts 2 weeks.
Price: $60 + 1 Month Membership
- Our fundamentals class meets 3 days a week for 2 weeks.
- You’ll work hard, and a coach will work closely with you to ensure correct form and to help you get the most from each movement.
- There is not a fixed schedule for fundamentals classes; classes are ongoing, and are scheduled around student and coach availability. When you contact us to sign up, we’ll work with you to get you in here and get started!
- Classes are currently limited to 5 trainees and are 1 hour in length.
- This class is for the generally healthy injury free individual whose ultimate goal is to join our group classes.
- New athletes will be introduced to the movements and methodologies of CrossFit in a group class atmosphere in a sequential order as we ramp the intensity.
- Make sure that you can commit to each day and time before enrolling into our fundamentals classes.
- Any missed classes must be made up before graduating to the Group CrossFit Classes.
We require that all new PFB members whom are also new to CrossFit attend and complete our fundamentals course prior to participating in group classes.
Potential new members with previous CrossFit experience that can demonstrate that they are already experienced and proficient in the core movements will be allowed to bypass the fundamentals course at the sole discretion of the head coach.
How’s it work?
You can start CrossFit Fundamentals for only $60 and attend the first week before committing. If you want to stick around and continue past the first week, we will credit the $60 towards your first month membership and charge your card for the remaining balance. This will allow you to complete the Fundamentals Course and attend regular CrossFit classes after completing the Fundamentals course.
After graduating, you will be physically and mentally ready and to attend any of our regularly scheduled CrossFit group classes. We look forward to meeting you and getting you started towards a new life and level of fitness. Learn more about what exactly CrossFit is.
How can I start?
Click here to schedule for your CrossFit Fundamentals Course. We want you to come in and find out what we’re all about and experience your first workout. We aren’t just going to throw you into the mix and let you go at it. We require all new members to go through our 2 week 6 class fundamentals course prior to participation in regular group classes.
Still not sure? Read on!
What will I learn? For the uninitiated you’ll go through several classes where you learn the core movements, skills, and then experience a workout that applies those movements at a level that is appropriate for you and your current level of fitness and flexibility.
Movements you will learn:
- Body-weight Squats, Back Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat
- Clean, Press, Push Press, Push Jerk
- Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Box Jump
- Medicine Balls: Wall Ball, Med Ball Clean
- Push-ups, Pull-ups, Situps, Lunges
- Rowing, Running, Jump Rope
- And many more!
How we’re different from a “regular” gym
At a regular gym you’re on your own with all of the machines and weights. Here at CrossFit PFB every class is led by a familiar coach and filled with other athletes who support and encourage each other’s unique accomplishments, challenges, goals, weaknesses, and strengths.
Our head coach programs the Workout Of the Day (WOD) for all of our athletes. Coaches familiar with each athlete’s needs and attentive to their unique goals guide each class through the WOD. Popular programs at regular gyms typically use isolation based movements and exercises with cardio work injected to up the intensity. CrossFit focuses on functional movements rather than isolating individual muscles for “sculpting”.
Many popular programs at regular gyms are short term by design. CrossFit is a lifestyle with the intent to take you down a road of fitness and self improvement for the rest of your life, not just to look good in your bikini for the coming summer. See our page about what CrossFit is, to learn more.
Will CrossFit help you look better naked? Absolutely, but if bodybuilding is what you are looking for then CrossFit isn’t for you. Lastly, at many regular gyms their main focus is getting you in the door. What you do inside their gym is an afterthought. Here at CrossFit PFB what you do inside the gym and your nutrition choices outside the gym is our entire focus.
What should I expect from the group and fundamentals classes?
- Classes typically last up to an hour
- Guided warm-up
- Skill work consisting of the movements that will be performed in the workout
- The Workout Of the Day (WOD)
- Scaling of the workout to your ability, fitness, flexibility, and capacity
- Consistent supportive coaching
- A different workout than what you did last time or the day before
- See our Fundamentals Course page!
But I’ve heard that I need to be in shape to do CrossFit. I’m SO out of shape!
Our coaches were in the same exact boat as you, when they started—don’t let that be your excuse for not getting your life, vitality, and health back. You do not need to be “in shape”, or “get in shape” before starting CrossFit training. Everything we do is infinitely scalable for everyone. Even in the group classes we can and will scale the workout for each individual as necessary. As you grow and develop and gain strength and stamina you’ll find after some hard work, commitment, and time that you are doing the workouts as designed and chasing your own personal records (PR’s).
What if I’m a parent with kiddos and no daycare?
Bring them with you! Our gym is kid friendly; little ones can play safely in our “Kid Zone,” and older ones can kick it on one of our comfy couches pretending to do homework, while you train. Many of our athletes bring their kids, so they’ll likely have company, too!
What do we expect from you? When you show up we ask only three things of you:
- Come committed to work hard
- Most of all, have fun