Great! Contact our head coach, and at her discretion you may or may not be required to take Fundamentals.
New to CrossFit?
- Cost: $60 to get started.
- Fundamentals lasts 2 weeks & meets 3 days per week.
- Classes are currently limited to 5 students and are 1 hour in length.
- Make sure that you can commit to each day and time before enrolling into our fundamentals classes.
- Any missed classes must be made up before graduating to the group CrossFit Classes.
- Fundamentals classes are ongoing, and are scheduled around student and coach availability.
CrossFit is for everybody, and our Fundamentals classes are for generally healthy and injury free individuals whose ultimate goal is to join our group classes. Our members range in age from teenagers through septuagenarians, and we welcome the differently abled.
New athletes will be introduced to the movements and methodologies of CrossFit in a sequential order, as we ramp-up the intensity. You’ll work hard! A coach will work closely with you to guide you in developing correct form in the foundational movements. Getting the most from each movement, safely, while having fun, is our priority.
If you have movement restrictions from healed injuries (that a doctor has cleared you to work-out with), we’ll also work with you to learn about and help you through those. Adaptation of movements and scaling movement intensity to include athletes of all skill levels, ages, and abilities, is a foundational value of CrossFit.
What to expect in a Fundamentals Class:
- Classes typically last up to an hour
- Guided warm-up
- Skill work consisting of the movements that will be performed in the workout
- The Workout Of the Day (WOD)
- Scaling of the workout to your ability, fitness, flexibility, and capacity
- Consistent supportive coaching
- Doing things you havent tried since Elementary school
- A different workout than what you did last time or the day before
Movements you’ll learn:
- Olympic weightlifting
- Medicine Balls: Wall Ball shown , Med Ball Clean
- Body-weight Squats, Back Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat
- Clean, Press, Push Press, Push Jerk
- Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Box Jump
- Push-ups, Pull-ups, Situps, Lunges
- Rowing, Running, Jump Rope
- And many more!